Before moving forward, it’s critical to understand that a custom domain is required to set up Cloudflare for your Blogger site since subdomains like “subdomain.blogspot.com” are not supported. Although it is possible to get free custom domains ending in.ml or.tk, doing so is not advised given their connection to spamming techniques. It should be noted that.blogspot.com domains are great for SEO and have no negative effects on SEO ranking elements.
Let’s now get started on setting up a free Cloudflare CDN for your Blogger blog step by step:
Step 1: Creating a Cloudflare account
- Enter the necessary information on the Cloudflare website to register for a free account.
- You will be sent to the Cloudflare dashboard after registering.
Step 2: Add your Blogger blog to Cloudflare
- On the Cloudflare dashboard, click the “+ Add a Site” button.
- Enter your custom domain name (for example, www.yourblog.com) and then click “Add Site.”
- On the next page, Cloudflare will scan your domain’s DNS records and present them.
- You will receive two nameservers for your domain from Cloudflare.
- Enter your domain registrar’s website, go to the DNS settings, and replace the current nameservers with Cloudflare’s.
- Save the changes; it could take a while for them to take effect.
- Return to the Cloudflare dashboard and watch for an automated verification of the DNS changes.
- You will be sent to the “Overview” page for your website after verification.
- Adjust a number of variables to enhance the speed, safety, and SSL/TLS of your website.
- It is advised to set up cache settings to increase performance, enable “Flexible SSL” for secure connections, and enable security measures.
- Go to your Blogger Setting then scroll down and find the HTTPS redirect then turn it off
- Also, This step is crucial since failing to do so would result in the “too many redirections” issue.
- Utilize the metrics and analytics given by Cloudflare to routinely check the performance of your website.
- Watch the dashboard for any problems or modifications that need to be made.
- You can make sure your website is providing visitors with a quick and dependable experience by using Cloudflare’s extensive monitoring capabilities.